Monday, November 7, 2011

EDEN to GERROA 26th October 2011

I slept fairly well last night, except for waking every time I turned over, and my knees seemed to ache during the night.  Went back to sleep every time though.
Up early to pack up the van ready for the next leg of our journey.  Bill was up before me, and I got a rude awakening when he backed the car into the van while trying to hook up.
Had breakfast, checked my emails (they had net-path internet – so I could use the MB I had left from Portland).  We left the park at about 9:30am.
Stopped at Narooma for an early lunch – about 11:30.  Went to the Valencia café again.  I had potato rosti with smoked salmon and sour cream – very nice.  Bill had a ham and cheese focacia toastie.
Travelled through Batemans Bay, Termeil, Lake Tabourie, Burrill Lake, Ulladulla, Milton,  Yatte Yattah, Conjola, Wandandian, Tomerong, Falls Creek, Nowra, Bomaderry and Shoalhaven Heads before we arrived at Gerroa.
We had a mixture of brilliant sunshine, overcast skies and rain on the way.  Arrived at Seven Mile Beach Holiday Park at about 3:30.
We had previously booked an ensuite site, but for some reason the lady decided to put us on a different ensuite site which supposedly had more room.  She also offered us the site opposite the ensuite as well (no extra charge) in case the ensuite site was a bit squashy.  When we looked at the site it was apparent that it would be awkward to put the van and the annexe on the site – and the door would have to be facing away from the ensuite.  So we decided to set up on the site opposite which meant a walk across the road to get to the loo.  I wasn’t too impressed at over $40 per night for an ensuite site that really isn’t except that the loo is private.  But I got over it.
I went for a walk over to the beach while Bill got the van organised.
We had been given a TV coax cable so we could get Austar channels.  But we couldn’t get any digital channels and the analogue channels, including the Austar ones were pretty poor reception.  So Bill put up our old antenna and we got perfect reception on all digital channels except Channel 2, and pretty good analogue reception too, including Channel 2.
Got the van sorted out after the trip, and watched a bit of TV.  At 7 we went out for tea, not really knowing where we were going to go.  Decided to head for Gerringong.  Saw a restaurant there, but decided the meals were too expensive, and probably a bit avante garde for us.  So we settled on fish and chips back in the van.  Ordered crumbed flounder and chips.  Bill also had a fish cake and I had a potato cake (scallop in NSW).  Was quite nice although Bill said the fish had garlic in the crumbs.  I couldn’t taste it, but he took the crumbs off his fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment