Saturday, September 10, 2011

Sunday 4th September

FATHER'S DAY and MITCHELL'S BIRTHDAY
We rang Mitchell to say Happy Birthday, had given him his presents before we went to Mildura in case we didn't end up coming back via Bendigo.
Had breakfast in the unit, and spent a bit of time with Karen before we finally left about 10:30.
Had a good trip home. Stopped for petrol and a bite to eat at the Calder Service Centre.  Continued on and stopped again at the Longwarry Service Centre.
Arrived home about 5:45 after a quick stop in Bairnsdale to pick up some milk.
All in all an enjoyable holiday with superb weather.  New places to see - although both Bill and I had been to Swan Hill and Mildura years ago.  So long ago for me that I was still a kid and my memories of Mildura itself were way off beam.  And we have never been there together.
Would we go back - probably, although there are a lot of other places I'd like to visit before thinking about going back.

No comments:

Post a Comment