Sunday, August 14, 2011

My Birthday

I awoke to brilliant sunshine for my 58th birthday. Bill got me out of bed by telling me he had just seen a whale – blowing a water spout, and flipping its tail. It had gone by the time I got up, and we didn’t see it again.
There was a lovely card waiting for me on the coffee table, with a beautiful heart magnet in it.
I had slept reasonably well – my arm was the best it had been for a long time.
We had breakfast, then went for a drive to Tura Beach, where we looked at the new Safeway supermarket – really big. Had lunch at a little bakery in the next group of shops – I had a salad roll, Bill had a pastie. Then went for a drive to Tathra.
We went to pick up the photos we’d left for processing. I had a look in the old-fashioned lolly shop and bought some Milko Chews – an old favourite from my childhood. Wrapping was different, and the lollies themselves were fatter and shorter than I remembered. Tasted much the same though. They also had umbrellas (but only red ones) and choo choo bars (see my post in Reflections).
Then saw some jewellery in the Everything Earthy shop – we bought a paua shell / silver pendant and earrings for my birthday. Really lovely.
Back to the cabin for a bit of a rest before we went out to dinner.
Pier One was wonderful. I enjoyed every mouthful of my Crispy Skin Atlantic Salmon on a rosti, with beetroot relish. Bill enjoyed his seafood salad with crab, kingfish, scallops. We even had a sweet. Bill had Vanilla Pod Crème Brûlée and I had Pear and Walnut Strudel with Brandy Englase. Yummy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment